There have been and are many wonderfully talented women throughout time. Whether it’s their creative, intellectual or philosophical successes, there is no doubt that they have indeed inspired many generations. So let’s take a time out to appreciate a few of the countless women out there by pondering over some of their famous and scholarly sayings.
1) Benazir Bhutto: “As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother”
2) Diana Vreeland: “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it”
3) Yasmin Mogahed: “When you have friends, don’t expect your friends to fill your emptiness. When you get married, don’t expect your spouse to fulfill your every need. When you’re an activist, don’t put your hope in the results. When you’re in trouble don’t depend on yourself. Don’t depend on people. Depend on Allah.”
4) Oprah Winfrey: “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength”
5) Coco Chanel: “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door”
6) Malala Yousafzai: “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world”